Holiday decorations may be one of the most festive and celebrated traditions of the year, but they can also be dangerous. Fireplaces, broken lights, and pesky pets can all cause problems. Avoid a decoration disaster this year by following these holiday decoration safety tips:
- Keep natural trees far away from heat sources (especially the fire place!), or opt for an artificial, fire-resistant tree.
- Be sure that none of your old lights have fringed wires before you reuse them.
- When climbing a ladder to hang lights or other ornaments, have a spotter to help keep the ladder straight.
- Always keep candles safely and reliable propped up with heavy holders.
- Keep children and pets away from power outlets.
- Similarly, remember that–while beautiful–poinsettias are poisonous when eaten, so keep any herbivorous pets away!
For more safety tips this winter season, or to check out one of our many winter-ready vehicles available to test drive, visit us anytime at Gossett Hyundai Mazda Mitsubishi.